Course Analytics is now New Analytics.
Data is refreshed in New Analytics every 24 hours. Only active student enrollments are included in data for New Analytics.
New Analytics Access
New Analytics can be accessed from Course Navigation. By default, this link is hidden in Course Navigation in each course and must be enabled.
To enable New Analytics, open Course Settings and view the Navigation tab. Move the New Analytics link to the enabled section and save the page.
When Would I Use New Analytics?
Currently, New Analytics allows instructors to track average course grades for student submissions using an interactive chart graph or table. Data is for viewing only and cannot directly be changed.
Page views and participation metrics include an aggregate across all devices, including Canvas mobile apps.
Use New Analytics to:
- View average course grade as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average with an individual assignment, course section, or student filter using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- View average weekly online participation as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average weekly online participation with an individual student or section using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- Send a message to all students based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- Send a message to an individual student based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- View course grade and participation analytics for an individual student